Horse Tales

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Update on Hope

Hope is doing so well, it is just amazing! She is walking just fine, and last night she was down for at least part of the night and got up on her own. We found bits of the rubber from the indoor arena on her back so we know she was down. This is very, very good news. Her legs aren't swollen either, so she is in great shape. The vet thinks that what saved her is the fact that she didn't flail around while she was on the ice. She remained calm and waited for us to let her know what to do. Excessive movement accellerates the muscle break down, so being calm helped her tremendousely.

Today when I was with her in the indoor she followed me around and seemed to want the company. I was busy scooping up poop; it is incredible how much poop she produced in just a day and a half! I got about 1.5 wheelbarrows full of poop!

I am still feeling the effects of the emotional roller coaster, but I can't tell you how happy I am to have her with me still. Everyone who knows Hope loves her; she's that kind of horse. I wrote a letter to the editor to let everyone know how wonderful the fire department and highway department guys were and I will be writing a letter to the bosses to let them know, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Athanasia said...

Great idea...the letter to editor. And am glad to know that Hope is doing so well. Now all we need to do is get her owner to be better too! LOL!

12:30 AM  
Blogger David, Laird of Kilnaish said...

Thank you for sharing the story with us. I have been helping Suzanne feed a friend's horses while the friend has been gone. What great animals horses are. Glad Hope is doing better.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear the news is good!

Glad to see you back posting -- as if I should talk.

And, good to know the public servants in your part of the world are like the ones here, dedicated and caring.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

I am so glad that Hope is okay. I was on the edge of my seat as I read the saga and then the update.

And what wonderful public service people you have. I can hardly believe that they worked so hard to help your horse. Thank God!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home