Horse Tales

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

GO SOX!!!!

One more post for the day--GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a Red Sox fan since 1967, when we lived on Cape Cod and I discovered baseball. It was the year of the Impossible Dream, the year Tony Conigliaro was beaned, the last year anyone won the triple crown (Yaz, of course). It was supposed to be our year--the year we won the series, and I got totally caught up in the daily drama. I kept a scrap book with newspaper clippings, and I still have it today. Nothing in sports ever hurt me like their loss to the Cardinals in Game 7. Not 1975, not Bucky Dent's home run, not even 1986. Nothing.

But oh, did I celebrate in 2004! And I hope to do so again this year!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger aniroo said...

Go STARS!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Athanasia said...

Game 1 = HUZZAAH!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEEP!!!

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home